Wednesday 9 March 2011

Husskie March 2011 & a few short words

It's been a while since my last blog. Work has been full on and blogging has taken a back seat. That won't change for the next few weeks. Don't hold your breathe waiting for it, unless you're into free diving . . .

It's Wednesday evening & I'm sitting in my hotel room about to hit the sack. There's a monsoonal  depression here which has meant solid rain all day. Tomorrow will be up early for a swim and then another full day interviewing people in preparation for a Conference involving a good number of people. The issues are complex. The feelings are running high. It's difficult stuff around institutional racism, indigenous expectations and experiences, political allegiances and people's careers. So far it's going well.

Just about everyone involved in triathlons is in Huskisson this coming weekend.  It's shaping up to be a lot of fun. The Enticer & Sprint are on Saturday & the Long Course is on Sunday.  I'm doing the Sprint but will be walking the run as I'm not able to run until late April.

The training for the December Iron Man in WA is under way.  I've joined the BRATS and when in town am riding with them every Tues and Thurs mornings and managing to swim laps of the beach most days.  No running however. I've been on the surfboard in lieu of the running which has been brilliant. It's good for the knee.

That's it for a very brief blog just to stay in touch. I've got a trip to the UK & Canada in April and have been back & forth to the far north the last two weeks & probably next week as well. I'll get back into the blog between now and then. J

No comments:

Post a Comment