Sunday 13 November 2011

Count Down

It's Sunday evening after a busy weekend.  A little bit of work, a truck load of exercise (for me) and lots of food. It started with a great meal on Friday night cooked by Master Chef Enda.  On Saturday morning I headed out at 5am for a long ride to check what 180kms felt like.  I went down to Kurnell and did the loops there to take me up to 130kms.  It got a touch tedious so I headed back to Bondi at 130km and ended up having to do the last 30kms by riding around Centennial Park, again which got a bit monotonous. I did however manage to do the 180km.  It meant 6hrs:50mins on the bike which isn't very flash, but I was happy enough with the time.  I had to stop 3 times to loosen up the right shoulder which after a 'dry needling' session with Crystal on Thursday, lasted until 120kms before starting to cause pain. I also had two loo stops and loads of traffic lights and traffic on the way back to Bondi. It's not ideal but it gets the kms done. I did notice that at times your bum gets tender and I had to stand and peddle to give it a break. So between my bum, my shoulders and my right knee I felt a bit handicapped by the body.  I managed to go through 2 bidons of PSP with a spoonful of Gatorade in each to give them a bit of flavour + two bananas, two snickers bars and another bidon of water to fuel me along. No worries with the tummy which is good.

Once back home I was joined by Gene for a quick 5km run - a mini brick session - to see how it felt running off the bike.  It was warm by then but it felt OK.  Mind you it was only 5kms but I pushed it and enjoyed the run with Gene. We headed down to the beach then and had a great cool down in the water for a good 15mins.  The perfect way to finish the workout.  It was then eat for the rest of the day,  a little nanna nap and a bit of reading for work.

This morning I strolled down to the beach and swam 4.5 laps which I estimate is about 3.5kms which again was a good work out in choppy conditions.  I then joined the guys for tea and a muffin and a catch up in the sun.

After coffee at the beach with the guys I headed out for a 23km run at about midday, running up the hill to Centennial Park and then doing laps of the park and running back home.  The only thing is I can't run downhills so I had to walk down Old South Head Rd and back to Bondi.  Back home it was shower, eat a rather large, late lunch and then do a bit more work.  And I finished off just now with a stroll around Bondi taking in the atmosphere as people settled into dine outdoors at the cafes and restaurants.  It's Bondi at it's best.

So an active weekend and countdown to Busso which is exactly 3 weeks away today. Hope everyone else had a good weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment