Thursday 27 January 2011

Back in Bondi

It's Thursday evening and we're back in Bondi.  The girls go back to work tomorrow which must be tough after two months on holidays. My heart bleeds! It's a brief blog tonight and back to an original theme.  I picked up a new set of inserts for my runners and will try them out as soon as I get the OK from the doc to run again.  I've been back on the bike yesterday and again this morning, going for a two hour ride from 5am - 7am.  It was hot and steamy and lovely.  Bumped into Enda and Mark in the park and did my best to keep up, lasting one circuit and then dropping back. I noticed on FB that Mitch and the BRATS were hard at it on Australia Day too. These guys never rest which is why they're so good at what they do.

For me, training has now begun for Busso in December.  Well partially at least. No running yet. And Husskie is on in 6 weeks. I'm entered into the Half Iron Man there so that gives me a short term training goal with the swimming and riding. The half Marathon will probably be a long walk. It'll be interesting to see how the training goes with travel to the UK this year.

Training aside, I saw a film on the flight from London to Singapore which is called Nativity. It's a 5 star from me. Anyone who has kids in primary school, or is a teacher, or is interested in education, or just wants a good chuckle, this is the film for you.  It's brilliant so I recommend you go out this weekend, hire the DVD and settle in. You won't regret it.

And finally talking about kids, two of the loveliest people I know, Connor and Louise, are going to be parents. Louise is due in July and everyone is excited for them. Life is good and just keeps getting better. See you soon and if you can manage to get out and have a run or a swim or a ride, let me know.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment